Tuesday 8 January 2019

Introducing new member Vendulka Battais

I started sewing and dress making with my mother as a young girl back in the Czech Republic but it was at spring 2008 when attending beginners patchwork class in  Aberdeenshire my passion for quilting was born. And it was this passion which led me to start my own patchwork and quilting shop only 3 years later. Through this I had to jump straight into teaching and learn a lot along the way. Having a family with small children and running my own business I never had the time for City and Guilds courses or any other long term learning. My skills all comes from short workshops, online resources and most importantly experimenting and trial and error. 

I have now published my own book Cathedral Windows - New Views and had a solo exhibition of the quilts travelling around UK. 
In 2019 I’m preparing my second exhibition with a body of work consisting of quilted and painted Mandalas. 
I travel to teach groups and give talks as well as demonstrate at shows and other venues. 
I have joined Out of the Fold as felt a need to be challenged, stretched and also I was missing a company of same minded artistic people. My biggest passion is to make textile  art inspired by yoga, sacred geometry, buddhism, symbolism and often carrying spiritual messages. 

I write about my creative journey on my blog www.journeywitholiven.com


No comments:

Post a Comment